Are you a travel blogger or want to become one? Thanks to audience interest and love for discovering new places, this niche is super popular and super competitive at the same time.
Today, when five in ten people travel and generate tons of content about their adventures, it's not enough to post your travel photos with general descriptions and wait for the loyal audience to come. This post will reveal five sure-fire strategies to follow if you want to become a successful travel blogger in 2021.
1. Create outstanding travel content
While it's right to use YouTube thumbnail maker online for creating visuals that would attract the audience to your travel channel, you also need to provide unique and super helpful travel content for them to follow your blog. Don't simply tell about your travel but share budget tips, food recommendations, what to do, where to stay in your described destination, etc.
Yes, your travel blog is about your passion, but the key is to follow it while sharing something of value with your audience.
Please do some research on what people want to see on travel blogs:
- Consider questions they ask at Quora and Reddit;
- Analyze related queries in Google Search;
- Check the comments they leave on your and your competitors' travel blogs;
- Ask them in your social media posts.
Once you get the list of potential topics, do your best to create exciting stuff. Make it fascinating and sensational, and don't be afraid of using humor; entertain your followers, tell stories, use beautiful visuals of high quality, etc.
Think different – and give them content no one else has; ensure you're consistent and do it regularly.
2. Make the most out of social media and networking
Both do matter when it comes to successful travel blogging as they help build your brand, spread the word about your travel platform, and engage a broader audience.
If planning to make money with travel blogging, you need to stay active on social media like Facebook and Instagram. It's worth working on a content plan and marketing strategy that will help your page go viral: research the best times to post, schedule your content, be consistent, and publish information that brings value to your social media community.
If planning to make a name in travel blogging, networking with others in this niche is your must-do. Join online communities, visit conferences like TravelCon or Travel Blog Exchange, collaborate with other travel bloggers and influencers – it takes time and money, but it's worth your efforts.
3. Be a brand
Just like in every other niche, personal branding matters in travel blogging. To succeed here, you need to decide how you'll represent yourself to stand out from the crowd.
While it was easy to maintain a general travel website covering a wide range of topics in 2010, now it won't work that way. To succeed with a travel blog in 2021, do your best to become as narrow and focused on one or two areas of expertise as possible.
Think of a travel sub-niche that you like and know most. Whether it's vegan travel, hiking adventures, or a specific city or country, focusing on it will make you an expert people would turn for information on the subject. Go deep with a narrow travel topic, continue to refine your travel profile, and stay authentic; after all, your audience loves you for who you are.
4. Consider your travel blog promotion
When you start a travel blog, no one knows you exist. Promoting it actively and investing in it will boost its success by all means.
What can you do for your travel blog promotion?
- Optimize it for SEO so search engines could see it, rank it accordingly, and show it in search results relevant to user queries. Also, remember about voice search optimization and consider video optimization if using YouTube as your travel blog platform.
- Write guest posts on other travel blogs to reach a broader audience and build your credibility as a travel blogger.
- Try getting featured at major media outlets. Don't wait for them to notice you but pitch your story and market your blog to the masses.
- Build an email list to send inspiring and informative newsletters to your subscribers, influencing your travel blog's visibility and rankings that way.
- Advertise your travel blog on social media.
5. Be consistent and persistent
Travel blogging is not easy work if you want to succeed in this niche. Get ready for challenges and obstacles on your way, maintain realistic expectations about your travel blog, and remember that it won't become outstanding and famous in a day.
Building a name and getting a reputation takes time and effort. Be persistent, follow your passion, develop a blogging strategy – and stick to it. Just don't expect instant fame, don't rush, and don't hurry up to give it up.
Consistency is your weapon here: The longer you go and improve at something, the more likely you are to succeed.
Successful travel blogging takes time and hard work. Most bloggers fail not because they are bad but because they expect instant fame and give up too soon. So be patient, follow the tactics represented in this article – and you'll reach your blogging goals!